Just a quick blog to let our Sidney Clark customers in on the "NEW LOOKS" FOR FALL 2017. It's official:
1) RED is "the color" for Fall. I happen to love this color, but I have a friend who doesn't wear red AT ALL! She is such a fashionista, and I bet with this color trending so big for Fall, she will embrace the look and give it a try.
2) VINTAGE INSPIRED FURS that look like they were purchased from an estate sale.
3) BOOTS THAT GLITTER with lots of sparkle and shine is the new trend for boots.
4) WESTERN STYLE LOOKS that are not completely a Western front look, but modernized such as a steel-toed boot, leather/suede vests and jackets, cowhide, leopard prints, and the kitschy cacti.
5) 70'S PLAID is back and this fall season the versatile print plaid was seen in pants, blouses, coats, and even formal wear.
6) RETRO HATS are taking over the beanies and surfacing as brim felt caps and bucket hats, as well as the look of vintage inspired shearling and fur hats.
7) VICTORIAN COLLARS are being called the "turtleneck's fancy older sister."
8) BROAD SHOULDERS that many of us wore in the 80's, is making a comeback and being shown in oversized menswear blazers and jackets.
9) NYLON COATS are perfect for traveling, chic, super wearable, and easy to pack wrinkle free in your suitcase. Everyone needs one of these!!!
10) DECONSTRUCTED CLASSICS is a new look by removing entire sleeves, mixing different fabrics and materials, raw edges and hems, ruffles placed diagonally....all a kind of tipsy-turvy classic look.
11) FISHNETS are being worn by fashion bloggers with their distressed denim, but for fall, the fashion is to pair these stockings with feminine dresses, blazers, suede and leather, and also your distressed jeans.
12) COUCH FLORALS are showing up again this fall, but this vintage floral print is being seen in EVERYTHING from casual tops to evening gowns!
13) MID LENGTH SKIRTS have many designers focusing on the soft ballet or pleated style for fall. Skirts hemmed at the calf with a lot of full and flouncy movement are being shown as well as the soft or pleated mid length skirt in such fabrics as tulle, mesh, and metallics that are flowy and feminine.
14) BUTTONED UP on the slits of skirts, or button down on the sides of skirts, pants, tops, and jackets/coats are shown as a new trend.
15) CHOCOLATE BROWN is definitely the "NEW BLACK."
16) WIDE WAIST BELTS are making their comeback for fall and in all the right proportions.
17) RUSSIAN DOLL VIBES such as fur collars and detailed floral embroidery sprinkled on dresses, jackets, kimonos, vest, pants, bags, and even shoes and boots.Think opulent details for a fall investment in some of these items.
18) FORMAL VELVET is not only trending with designers in day to day wear; but they are also taking this rich fabric and making it into formalwear. ***Keep this in mind this fall and winter for your wedding attire.
19) BELTED COATS is a major styling trend for fall, popping up on statement furs, leather coats, trend coats, all kinds of outerwear by belting these items with a waist cinching belt.
Although this is what is being shown for Fall, there are still many trends and colors still around for this season. Black will always be a basic color and a staple in our wardrobes for most of us. Also olive, grey, oatmeal, paprika, mustard, plum, and teal are still colors that are going strong as well as tassels, fringe, beads, and embroidery details on many forms of merchandise and accessories. Pant and skirt waists are being styled as high waisted jeans, pants, and skirts to help eliminate the muffin top the lower waist bottoms created! Sidney Clark Designs will be sampling quite a few of these new trends, so continue to check in on our website daily to get a first glimpse of our fall merchandise.
Please let us know what trends you like and feel free to email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of a trend that you would like to see, that we don't sell. We would love any fed back from our customers. Hope all of you have a wonderful and blessed weekend.